Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Psalm for Everyday


Deliver me, O giver of Breath and Life,
                  from the fears that beset me;
          help me confront the inner shadows
That hold me in bondage, like a prisoner
                  who knows not freedom.
They distract me from all that I yearn
                  to be,
           and hinder the awakening of
                  hidden gifts
           that I long to share with others.   
 
For I desire to be a channel of peace;
           to reflect the beauty of 
                  creation!
O, that I might manifest your love
                  to all whom I meet,
           and mirror your mercy
                  and justice!
Guide me, O Beloved, that I may
                  become spiritually mature;
           Love me into new life!  
                                             - Psalm 140, Psalms for Praying, Nan C. Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment